What you need to know as a character within the single player game (as referred to as the Original Campaign, or "OC") as well as features you will need to be aware of with regards to playing your character throughout the game.
Select a question:
1. Will I be able to create my own character?
2. What kinds of options will I have when creating a character?
3. Will I be able to customize my character's appearance?
4. Will my alignment change over the course of the game?
5. Will I be able to have an influence on my companions throughout the game?
1. Will I be able to create my own character? (Back to top)
Yes. You do not have a predefined character in Neverwinter Nights 2, you can create a character of your own choosing.
2. What kinds of options will I have when creating a character? (Back to top)
Many. You can select your race, subrace, class, feats, skills and more. In addition, you will be able to select from a series of background traits; these affect how villagers in your hometown will react to you and confer special bonuses on the player as they start the game.
3. Will I be able to customize my character's appearance? (Back to top)
Yes! Our tint-mapping and scaling systems provide players with the ability to customize their characters appearance to a great detail. In addition, several heads and hairstyles will be available for both genders of each race and subrace.
4. Will my alignment change over the course of the game? (Back to top)
Every player starts the single-player campaign with a blank slate (provided your alignment is not restricted by class.) You'll be making plenty of tough decisions throughout the Campaign, and you'll see the outcomes of those decisions reflected in your alignment.
5. Will I be able to have an influence on my companions throughout the game? (Back to top)
Yes, the influence system from Knights of the Old Republic II makes a return. It gives you the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on your traveling companions, and gauge their reactions to your actions.